Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year

A new year. Wow time flew on that year! We started school back up today after being off since the 15th. For a first day back, it was pretty nice and I hope it continues! Still struggling with a history lesson plan. I did come across a book today that I think I may purchase from Amazon. Its a three book set called America's History. Right now we are going over the Civil War and all the things leading to it. Sometime this year, the school system will be sending me papers to let me know when he will have to take our states Achievement test. I'm a bit nervous about it but I think he has all the knowledge he needs as long as he can put it on paper the way they want!

Preschool is going well for my oldest daughter. She has learned so much. For Christmas, we bought both girls' a tag reader pen in different colors. I personally love those things! We get a break from reading a million books a day but with only 10 books for it so far... It won't last.

The reading challenge I did for the year ended on the 31st of December. I read 55 books for the year. Not too bad but I will beat it this year! My son read more than me. He told me how many but I can't remember at the moment. He's 11 now! Maybe that means I did a good job getting him into reading. He was reading hard books too. If you've ever seen the Septimus Heap book Queste then you know its 624 pages long!

I keep a running list of my reads on shelfari. You can go see what I read there if you like. http://www.shelfari.com/sweet_aka_jeanette

Well tomorrow is a busy day but I wanted to check in. I need to make the resolution to update my blog more.