Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Testing thoughts...

I live in a state that requires homeschoolers to test in 5th grade. It also requires that in high school the parent must have a bachelor's degree to continue independently homeschool. Since, I don't have one my other option is to enroll him in an umbrella school. Basically a school that "hires" me as a teacher to teach him at home. Nice, huh. As for this testing, it is coming up really soon for my son. I'm a bit nervous about it. Way more than he is I am sure. So I found that the state of TN has a sample TCAP test on its website that you can print. Nice. Well nice for me.. Not so much for my 11 year old. We will begin the literature part tomorrow. I am not going to do the timing or super strictness that I remember. I want him to become familiar with the paper and what to expect. I printed the 5th grade booklet but some of this work looks like things we haven't gotten too in math.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has done this testing through the school.

Just a note. I changed up my theme and added some interesting widgets on the side bar!
I plan to try to post more. So if you want me to talk about something in particular in relation to couponing, homeschooling, parenting, being pagan, living in TN, or whatever else I can help with, just let me know.