Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changes in the air..

So many changes in the air right now.  Besides the heat wave that is going on here in TN, we have a few changes in the family too.  Next year my homeschooled son will re-enter the public school system for his 6th grade year.  My last baby will enter preschool and my middle child will enter kindergarten.  For the first time all of my children will be away from home for school.

How do I feel about this??

I am not quite sure yet.  This will be a trial run for my son.  If he has a good productive experience, then he will continue.  If not we will return to homeschool.  I think perhaps we both need the break. Now my littlest one is still knee hugging so this will be a sad year for me.  She is my baby.

It leaves me at a loss.  For the past four years, my days have been consumed with lesson planning and acquiring resources to make the best of our homeschool.  Now I don't have that to do.  I have three book cases full of resources that will go unused.  In a way it fills me with sadness.  I only hope that this will prove to be a positive experience.  As long as I refuse to watch the news maybe I can restrain myself from taking him right back out.

So maybe I will change the direction of my blog.  Less focus on schooling since I won't be the primary teacher anymore.  Don't think I won't be doing extra things with them and lots of fun, educational stuff!  Maybe more focus on our beliefs or cooking or reading.  Unsure on that right now.

But just thought I would let those that do read my blog know what is going on.