Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken and Rice Wraps

I thought I would share another really easy and delicious family favorite.  Even the kids like this one. 

Its Chicken and Rice Wraps from the 4 Ingredient Cookbook.

 (An awesome cookbook!)


















Ingredients:

8 boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
2 cups water
1 box Long Grain and Wild Rice
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 cup shredded lettuce
8 (10-inch) tortilla shells

Ok.  When I make these I either use Uncle Ben's or Zatarains.  Both are really good.
I also don't use the premade ranch dressing.  I use the Hidden Valley packets with mayo. 

First, cook your cubed chicken until lightly browned on each side.  Add water, rice, and seasoning packet from your box mix.  Bring it to a boil.  Cover; reduce heat and let simmer until liquid is absorbed.  ((This can also be done in a different pan if you want to get the rice going for a quicker meal.  Both ways work well.))
Stir in salad dressing.

Then make like a taco.  Place a couple spoonfuls in the center of your heated tortilla shell.  Sprinkle with lettuce.  Wrap and eat!  We also sprinkle with cheese.

You can also add some chopped up bacon strips for more flavor. 

Note: This is not the recipe verbatim from the book.  It is my shortened version.  If you would like the exact wording in the book, let me know.  Its basically the same.