Monday, June 11, 2012

Parmesan-Ranch Roasted Potatoes

Its been a while since I did a dinner post.  So today I made Cubed Steak and Gravy with Parmesan-Ranch Potatoes and a rice/vegetable mix.  I thought I would share with you my recipe for the potatoes.  Now, I know at some point (somewhere) I came across the basis of this recipe.  I would totally credit them but I can't remember where I saw it.  Its supper easy and everyone loves it.  More importantly the KIDS love it.  That's such a hard thing to do around here!

My list of ingredients:
Potatoes (The smaller the pieces the less cooking time but make them big enough to eat with your fingers or a fork)
Parmesan
Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
Olive Oil
Parsley
Garlic salt
Paprika





Start by pour enough olive oil to coat all the potatoes.  I add the whole packet of ranch dressing mix.  Then I add enough Parmesan that I see everything getting coated.  Then I add my seasons.  I do not measure these out.  I am sure when I did this recipe the first time that I used a specific amount but I've made it enough to know what my family does and doesn't like.  I then added the parsley, garlic, and paprika.  Now the parsley and garlic are optional.  There is enough flavor in the ranch packet to make it good without the extra.  But I like a little extra.  We've even added hot and spicy stuff to see how it tasted.  Mix it all up.  I recommend (from experience) that you put aluminum foil down on your pan And spray it with cooking spray.  I forgot the cooking spray on this batch and it STUCK.   That was fun to get off!



I baked these on 375 while frying up the cube steak coated in flour.  Probably between 30 - 45 minutes depending on how big your potatoes are.  Here they are all ready to eat.  



While I was cooking and surfing pinterest for ideas on tomorrow's dinner I came across a recipe for Parmesan Ranch potatoes with bacon.  Any recipe that calls for bacon and cheese will automatically catch my interest.   So I think the next time I make this there will be bacon involved!  

Hope you all enjoy.