Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An ebook review! I know right. The Princess Sisters


May contain spoilers!!!!


In my last post I mentioned I was reading an ebook that somewhere along the line I downloaded.  Probably because I love the cover photo.  Isn't it awesome?!



The Princess Sisters.  Book one of a series.  Since I didn't have a back of a book to read I read this description on goodreads.

The only thing she stands to lose are her shoes.

Cinderella is an ordinary teenage girl, with an extraordinary name. But because of that name, she and her cousins, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White suffer years of torment from their peers. Then as the girls enter high school and the enticing world of dating, a life-altering decision must be made. Is it finally time to stop fighting, and surrender to the fairy tale clich√©s that have been holding them back? By embracing their names, the girls discover an inner-strength they never knew existed. And by putting everything they have on the line, maybe, just maybe they will discover there really is such a thing as ‘happily ever after’.



Sounds pretty good right?
It was actually.  It was a cute story about 15 year old cousins that are named after princesses.  I can see girls of a few years younger enjoying this book.   Although there is a slip in language once and alot of talk of kissing.
For a while the whole story seems to revolve around the five cousins getting their first kisses (from the same boy!).  Then comes the plot twist... and where it goes from (MOVE ON prince charming) to (THANK GOD they are done).   The girls find out a girl from school put Dave (the kisser) up to kissing them all and finding out all their weaknesses.  She then uses those weaknesses to make them miserable at school. This is where the princesses have to figure out how to overcome the weaknesses and prove their are awesome!
The beginning and the end were great.  The middle felt drawn out.  It seemed to last forever.  If I had a book instead of my kindle I think I would have probably skipped pages to move it along faster.  There was some humor and I actually laughed out loud (late at night almost waking up my family!).

One of my favorite scenes is when Belle is super mad at Dave.  She runs outside and is standing and waiting.
Here is the scene:
"Are you waiting for someone?" Dave asked, holding his hand out to display the empty road.
"A car, a train, a bus, I don't care at this point."
"To hitchhike?" Dave asked.
"No! I'm going to push you in front of it!

Another one I liked..
"We're done being teased. This time, we're going to fight back," Aurora added.
"Just so long as nobody gets hurt," Dana said.
"Guess we'll have to get rid of the lighter fluid then," Ariel said.
Dana whipped around so fast in her chair that the car swerved and barely missed a collision with the car in the next lane.
"Mom! She's joking!" Cinderella said.

These little glimmers of humor combined with a memory of wanting to fit in with the crowd were what pushed me through the middle part to an enjoyable ending.

Hope my rambling didn't give away the whole story and my reviews are getting somewhat more readable. :)

Happy reading!