Saturday, April 1, 2017

Review: Pushing the Boundaries

Pushing the Boundaries Pushing the Boundaries by Stacey Trombley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. It wasn't nearly long enough. I want more of Myra and Elias. Such a sweet story.

Its the story of a young American/Pakistani girl who's mother is a doctor and really wants her to be one too. She goes on a mission trip to Haiti with her mother to volunteer at a free clinic. While her mother wants her to be a doctor, Myra wants to enter art school and needs the perfect picture to try to win a scholarship. There she meets a Haitian boy that has been hired as a translator for the volunteers and the locals. He isn't supposed to do anything other than translate. He isn't supposed to spend time with them or get to know them. She isn't supposed to spend time with him either. But Myra wants to find that perfect picture and needs to get away from the clinic to do that.

I thought the message of the book was beautiful. Simplicity. Honesty. Beauty. Young Love.
The scene that plays out on pages 108-109 with the children was lovely. The ending was perfection.
I had tears in my eyes as I finished reading this book.

READ IT.

I won this book in a giveaway on facebook and was sent it by the author.  There was no promise of a review.  As always this review is my own thoughts.

View all my reviews

The author even signed the book for me.

Instagram




















If you are interested in this book you can find it here:



If you are interested in this author, you can find her at these places.

http://www.staceytrombley.com/
https://www.facebook.com/StaceyTrombleyAuthor

Have you read it?
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!